Roasted Chick Peas




When I first saw a pin on Pinterest about these, I was kind of on-the-fence about making them. I really don't like peas or beans or hummus, so why would I like them roasted? For some reason, I still went ahead and made these. They're super yummy. And did I mention super easy?! Look at the recipe below and you will find no excuse to not make these.





Roasted Chick Peas

Ingredients:

1 can chick peas (garbanzo beans)
Salt and pepper, to taste*
Seasonings of your choice*
Approx. 1 tbsp of olive oil*
Directions:

Heat oven to 450 degrees
Drain can of chick peas and rinse
Spread rinsed chick peas onto a pan with parchment paper** and roast for 35-45 minutes
Once roasted, cover with olive oil, salt, pepper, and seasonings. I found that I liked them better without any seasonings or olive oil on them, but maybe that is just me!

And that is all you have to do! Super easy and yummy.


* - These ingredients are all optional and can be added to suit your taste.

** - If you do not have parchment paper lying around, use aluminum foil and cover it with butter or shortening.